A 3-hour online overview of the Lean approach to eliminating waste and maximizing work flow. When you have finished this course:
- You will understand what Lean is and why it is important
- You will know about the most important Lean topics, such as value and muda
- You will be familiar with Lean terminology
The estimated time commitment for this course is 3.0 hours. You have 30 days to complete the training.
The course covers the following topics:
Module 1: Waste and Value
- What is Lean?
- Types of muda
- Thinking Lean
- What is value?
- What is a value stream?
- Value added and non-value added activities
Module 2: Value streams, flow, push and pull
- Value stream mapping
- Takt time
- Spaghetti diagrams
- Making value flow at the pull of the customer
- Constraint (bottleneck) management
- Level loading
- Flexible processes
- Lot size reduction
Module 3: Perfection
- Continuous improvement towards perfection
- KAIZEN philosophy
- A strategic perspective of Lean
- A tactical perspective of Lean
- Elements of Lean production
- Six Sigma and Lean
- The Lifetime Learning credit may be available on your tax return during the year in which you purchase and complete the course. The credit is available for courses which qualify for job improvement skills, up to $2,000 (20% of the first $10,000 in tuition fees) per year. Ask your accountant if you qualify for the Lifetime Learning Credit.