Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training includes:
- Over 70 online modules. Each module contains reading assignments, storyboards, narrated lessons developed by Thomas Pyzdek, assignments, and quizzes.
- IASSC Accredited Training Organization
- The Lifetime Learning credit may be available on your tax return during the year in which you purchase and complete the course. The credit is available for courses which qualify for job improvement skills, up to $2,000 (20% of the first $10,000 in tuition fees) per year. Ask your accountant if you qualify for the Lifetime Learning Credit.
- One year licenses for the latest versions of Minitab and Quality Companion.
- 365 day subscription to site. Reduced price subscription access afterwards.
- Assignment grading and feedback by Master Black Belt
- Full certification by The Pyzdek Institute, including Course completion recorded in our public online database
- Comprehensive online examination
- Certification project presentation to Master Black Belt (see “About Projects” below)
- Certificate signed by Thomas Pyzdek
- Certification recorded in our public online database
- All course fees must be paid in full prior to certification.
- Successful passing of exam recorded in our public online database
- Estimated total time commitment, including online and off-line work: 180 hours
- 18 CEUs awarded by The Pyzdek Institute upon successful course completion
- Online resources (templates, workbooks, forms, video tutorials, etc.)
- Online forums for communication with fellow students and instructors1
- Email support for site-related technical issues
- Completely covers the Six Sigma Black Belt body of knowledge from the Six Sigma Handbook
- Six Sigma Handbook autographed by Thomas Pyzdek. International customers will receive an eBook edition without an autograph.2
- Moodle state-of-the-art course management technology. Provides detailed reports of all of your progress.
- 30 day money back guarantee3
by Thomas Pyzdek
Frankly, most employers consider “Simulated Projects” as nothing more than a homework assignment. Ditto for the “Capstone” projects assigned by business schools. The Pyzdek Institute requires that you complete a real-world training project before we grant you full certification. Without the project you may be trained, but there’s nothing to demonstrate that you can apply your training. Unlike employers, however, The Pyzdek Institute is not solving for a big impact on the bottom line. We want to know that you understand and can apply the Six Sigma body of knowledge as it is taught in our courses, I.e., that you can plan a project, recruit and work with a team, work with sponsors, use the technical tools, and so on. Therefore many of our students present projects involving such things as improving their physician’s office processes, helping their church improve attendance at their annual fundraiser, etc.. If it involves a process used by a number of people, it’s a candidate for a certification project.
We also have no time limit on when you can present your project to us. Some students come back years after they have completed training and present their projects. We help them by renewing their enrollment in the course for 30 days so they can freshen up their knowledge, download templates and workbooks, etc.. In the meantime, our graduates still have a public record of course completion and successfully passing the exam which they can use to get that better, higher paying job!
- During training students can submit course-related questions to instructors through The Pyzdek Institute’s Student Forum. Responses are provided to student questions by Thomas Pyzdek or a Master Black Belt, usually within one business day or less.
- If you choose not to receive an book during checkout, you will receive a $60 discount on your first payment.
- Money back guarantee applies if less than 10% of the course content has been viewed or accessed. The autographed book is non-refundable ($60.) If either the Minitab or Quality Companion software license has been activated the license fee will not be refunded. (Minitab has 30 day free trials on both software packages.)
- Green Belt training is not a prerequisite for Black Belt training.
- There is no minimum education requirement for Green Belt or Black Belt certification by The Pyzdek Institute.
The Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is a professional who is well versed in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology, who leads improvement projects, typically in a full-time role. A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt possesses a thorough understanding of all aspects within the phases of D-M-A-I-C. They understand how to perform and interpret Six Sigma tools and how to use standard principles of Lean. Pyzdek Institute Lean Six Sigma Black Belts complete 180 hours of online training with homework assignments, pass a comprehensive timed online exam, and present a real-world project to a Pyzdek Institute Certified Master Black Belt or to Thomas Pyzdek.